Have you been looking for a new go-to chicken recipe? We have you covered! This braised chicken recipe is guaranteed to shine at your next dinner party. Served over rice with the perfect golden brown skin surrounding juicy meat, your guests will enjoy the surprise sweetness the golden raisins deliver to every bite.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time1 hour
Cook it With Our
- 3 Each chicken legs, thighs and drumsticks, separated
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 8 ounces cipollini onions, peeled
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 cups water, divided
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the chicken with allspice, salt, and pepper. Add oil to a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and sear the chicken skin-side down until golden brown on all sides, 10-15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and reserve for later.
- Add the pancetta to the pot and cook until golden, 8-10 minutes. Add the onions and golden raisins and cook slightly, 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with a little bit of water. Scrape the bottom of the pot for stuck-on bits and add the chicken back to the pot. Add the vinegar and enough water so that the liquid is covering the chicken ¾ of the way up. Cover with the lid and braise the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove the lid and cook the chicken for 15 minutes more. Let the pot cool for 10 minutes. Just before you serve, mix in chopped parsley.