Butter Swim Biscuits
These biscuits are super simple to make. All the ingredients get mixed together and poured over melted butter. No biscuit cutters or rolling pin needed and the results are fluffy, buttery biscuits. Use the Baker’s Skillet to give these biscuits a nice crispy edge.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time20-25 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add the buttermilk and gently mix all the ingredients together until a moist dough is formed.
- Place the stick of butter in the 10.25 Inch Baker’s Skillet and place in the oven until the butter is melted, about 2-5 minutes depending on your oven. Remove from the oven.
- Pour the dough right on top of the melted butter and use a spatula to gently spread it evenly across the skillet until it touches the sides.
- Use a knife to cut the unbaked dough (it should be swimming in butter at this point) into mostly even squares. (It’s fine if they are not perfect squares.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown on top.