Carne Asada Tacos
As far as we're concerned, we could eat these tacos every day. The flank steak is marinated with a perfect combination of flavors, from the smoky chipotles in adobo sauce to the tangy lime and savory onion. Add toppings of your choice, or the ones we suggested, for a guaranteed taste explosion to make any day Taco Tuesday.
Prep Time1 hour 15 minutes
Cook Time12 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 ½ pound flank steak
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup queso fresco
- 2 limes, quartered for garnish
- salsa verde, for garnish
- Blend garlic, chipotles, ½ the onion, lime juice, paprika, cumin, and oregano until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the flank steak with marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard excess sauce.
- Gradually heat your grill pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Season steak with salt and pepper. Brush grill pan with oil and cook 4-6 minutes per side, or until it reaches desired doneness. Remove steak from the grill pan and allow it to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the steak against the grain into ¼-inch strips.
- To assemble the tacos, place strips of beef on the tacos, add the sliced onion, sprinkle with salsa verde, and top with queso fresco. Garnish with lime wedges.