Classic Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Fill your kitchen with inviting and yummy smells when you make this cinnamon raisin bread. Some members of our staff always requested this feel-good, hearty bread combination when they were under the weather; others remember pairing it with butter for an after school snack on a cold day. No matter how or when you decide to eat it, with the homemade touch, we know you'll enjoy it.
Prep Time2 hours
Cook Time35-40 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup raisins
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons instant or active dry yeast
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (and separated)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attached, add yeast to lukewarm milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sift flour, salt, and sugar.
- Add eggs and raisins to the milk mixture and turn the stand mixer to medium-high for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to medium and add the butter and flour ½ a cup at a time until fully incorporated.
- Knead 5-7 minutes. The dough should be smooth and pull cleanly from the sides of the bowl.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and turn dough to coat sides with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until it has doubled in size, 1-2 hours.
- Deflate the dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough in half. Roll each half of the dough into a 10 x 20-inch rectangles. Brush the dough with 2 tablespoons butter. Mix the dry filling ingredients together and spread evenly over each of the rectangles. Leave about a half inch around the edges.
- Lightly grease two loaf pans. Starting with the short end, roll the dough into a log, seam side down. Squeeze the loaf down lengthwise to fit inside the loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap for 30 minutes. Repeat with the second loaf.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush the loaves with butter and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before turning them out to cool on a cooling rack.
- Slice, serve, and reminisce.