Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
These grilled jalapeño poppers are the perfect snack for tailgating or appetizer for your backyard dinner party.
Game day, race day, or waiting in line for the newest smart phone, true fans know that food just tastes better while sitting in a folding chair. Here’s a great recipe that’ll earn you a few extra points in the parking lot or at your backyard barbecue.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time6-8 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 12 jalapeÃ±o peppers
- 1 8-ounce packet cream cheese
- 2 green onions
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- Core and seed the jalapeno peppers.
- Dice the green onion and mix with the cream cheese.
- Fill the peppers ⅔ full with cheese mixture.
- Plug the end of each pepper with one pineapple chunk.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap a piece one around each pepper, piercing with a toothpick to keep it in place.
- Grill over med-high heat, turning often, until bacon is fully cooked.
Fun Fact: The first known tailgates originated when local residents brought baskets of food to nourish and cheer on soldiers during the Civil War.