Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Omelet
Ready for a twist on an old classic? Take your everyday omelet, add some new ingredients, and suddenly the flavor profile completely changes. The roasted red peppers of this dish add the perfect amount of smoke and tang while the goat cheese grounds the dish in smooth, earthy flavors.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time5 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- Whisk together eggs, water, chives, red peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a small cast iron skillet over medium low heat for 3-4 minutes. Melt butter in the skillet, swirling to coat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 3 minutes.
- Run spatula around the edges to loosen (the edges should be set). Add goat cheese down the middle of the omelet.
- Fold omelet into thirds and flip. Cook 1 additional minute. Slide onto warmed plate and serve immediately.