Smoked Deviled Eggs
A southern classic kept simple and taken to the next level with a spike of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey added to the yolk mixture. To further the fun, the eggs rest inside a beautiful Lodge Cast Iron skillet while gently perfumed with smoke from Jack Daniel’s Whiskey Barrel Chips. A creamy, boozy, smokey marriage made in appetizer heaven.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey Barrel Smoking Chips, for smoking
- ½ cup Dukes Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- pickled okra, sliced, for garnish
- Jack Daniels Chicken Rub, for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat with the lid closed for about 10 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a single layer in a medium saucepan. Add water to a depth of 3 inches and bring to a rolling boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover the saucepan, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes before draining.
- Add one cup of wood chips to the Smoker Skillet and top with the lid. Place the smoker skillet toward the back of the grill and close the lid.
- Place eggs under cold running water until just cool enough to handle. Tap the eggs on a flat surface until cracks form and peel. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove the yolks. Mash together the yolks, mayonnaise, pickle, whiskey, salt, and pepper until smooth. Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves. Top with sliced pickled okra and sprinkle with Jack Daniel’s Chicken Rub.
- Place the prepared deviled eggs inside a 10.25-inch skillet and place inside the grill and cover. Allow the eggs to smoke for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove eggs from the grill and serve in the skillet.