Effective date: October 30, 2019
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can update your preferences and information by updating your contact information through our Site or contacting us at the e-mail address or phone number below. Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information (defined below), please do not hesitate to contact us through any of the methods below.
Email: [email protected]
You can write to us at:
Lodge Manufacturing Company
Attention: Privacy Official Customer Care
204 East 5th Street
South Pittsburg, TN 37380
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). Personal Information is information about a natural person who is either identified or who can be identified from data and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession.
We collect information from you both when you provide it voluntarily and also automatically when you use our Site. We may also collect Personal Information from other sources, as described below.
We collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Site, register for an account with us, make a purchase, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account; when you otherwise correspond with us, engage or connect with us through one of our social media pages, or chat with a customer support specialist. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
In addition, we also collect Personal Information about you from third parties in connection with our Site, including from the following sources:
- Service providers (including hosting providers, shipping partners, and payment processors)
- Data analytics service providers
- Email, chat and other communications service providers
- Customer service providers
- Advertising providers
- Social media platforms
- Promotional partners
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information from you, depending on your interactions with our Site and the choices you make, as further described in the chart below:
- Identifiers. Your name, email address postal address, unique personal identifier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Interactions. Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. For example:
- Browse history. Data about the webpages you visit.
- Search history. Data about the search terms you enter.
- Device, connectivity, and configuration data. Data about your device and nearby networks, including regional and language settings.
- Geolocation data. Data about your device’s location, which is inferred from your IP address and your postal address.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Demographic data. Data about you such as your age, country, preferred language and other data reflecting your consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Information collected through use of our Site
Categories of Information
Account Registration Information
Registering for an account is an optional service provided by our Site. You do not have to register to browse or shop online.
This is the Personal Information that is provided by you or collected by us to enable you to login and access your account and our Site. This includes your name, addresses, email, and phone number.
Some of the Personal Information we will ask you to provide is required in order to create your account. You also have the option to provide us with some additional Personal Information in order to make your account more personalized or in order to store credit cards for future purchases.
Click here to read more about the terms and conditions that govern your registration and use of our My Account service.
Newsletter Registration Information
You may provide your email address in order to receive our newsletter via email.
Job Application Information
This is the Personal Information that you provide if you choose to apply for job positions through the Site. This includes your name, phone number, email address, and career and educational history.
We ask for the following below as well:
Sweepstakes, Contests, Giveaways
If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on or through our Site, we may ask you for certain information to allow you to sign up and participate in these types of promotions. The exact Personal Information collected will vary depending on the promotion. For example, we may ask you for your email address and/or telephone number to notify you whether you may have won. We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses, to verify your identity. In some situations, we may need additional information as part of the entry process, or in connection with the award of prizes over a certain dollar threshold. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter as they contain important information about eligibility.
Payment and Purchasing Information
We may collect such Personal Information if you make a purchase through the Site. The exact Personal Information collected will vary depending on the payment method but will include information such as:
We may also collect information concerning the products purchased or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
When you initiate or request a product return, refund or exchange, we may collect information from you in order to process your request and help prevent fraud, including information from your government-issued ID (e.g., name on ID, ID number).
We may collect such Personal Information when you submit reviews or otherwise post on a Forum through the Site.
Third Party Data
This includes both Personal Information and non-personally identifiable data from our affiliates, partners or vendors, data brokers or public sources.
We may collect general location information if you use features on our Site that provide location-based services, including locating a store near you and driving directions to our stores.
This can be Personal Information and non-Personal Information that is collected about you when you are using our Site, and this may include:
Cookies. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile device when you use our Site, which are unique to your device or account. Cookies make it easier for you to use our Site by saving your preferences so that we can use these to improve your next and subsequent visits to our Site – for example, remembering your login information. Cookies help us learn which areas of our Site are useful and which areas need improvement.
Cookies may be either persistent or temporary (or session) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website, app or service, allowing those preferences to be used in future use sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Pixels, Web Beacons. We or third party partners may use invisible pixels or beacons on our Site to count how many users access or use certain pages, features or content. This information is collected and reported in the aggregate. We may use this information to improve our current Site offerings, develop new products or services, and target information to you that may be helpful and useful to you based upon your use of our Site.
We use anonymized and aggregated information that may be created or derived from your Personal Information or usage of our Site for purposes that include data analysis, improving our Site, advertising, and developing new features and functionality within our Site.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for our business purposes, including the following:
- To respond to your questions and requests.
- To optimize the display of the Site on your device.
- To create, maintain and personalize your account with us.
- To provide, maintain, personalize, and improve our Site.
- To provide customer support.
- To notify you about changes to our Site.
- To monitor the usage of our Site.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so.
- To gather analysis and assess trends and interests.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
- To provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on this Site or on other websites. We may also get information about your browsing history from our trusted business partners and vendors.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site and technology assets.
- To administer any sweepstakes, contest, giveaways or promotions that we offer and you choose to participate in.
- As otherwise described at the time your Personal information is collected.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We share non-Personal Information with third parties at our discretion. We do not sell Personal Information. In connection with our Site, we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties who we engage to help us run our business and perform the services, including under the following circumstances:
- Software and service providers we use to manage and process your information, for example, providers of payment processing software (e.g., payment processing software).
- Product-related service providers, such as our delivery providers, vendors, and manufacturers of our products.
- Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc., to gather information about how you and other users engage with our Site. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Marketing service providers we use to communicate with you.
- Advertising service providers we use to assist us in providing personalized advertising.
- Business partners, including promotional partners who are helping us run a joint promotion or who provide a product or service in partnership or collaboration with us.
- Hosting providers that provide database storage for our business.
- Internal Revenue Service and Other Taxing Authorities (e.g., if your earnings from a sweepstakes or contest exceed a certain threshold and we are required to disclose such earnings under applicable law.)
- Other third parties that you expressly request us to share your Personal Information with.
Additionally, we will share your Personal Information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary in connection with our Site or services, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Most of the third parties with whom we share your Personal Information are located and store your information in the United States, although some may be located or store your information outside of the United States. These third parties are only permitted to use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us and are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information. You will have a choice (opt-in or opt-out) before we share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
If we are subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may share information with them in connection with the transaction.
HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We also will retain Usage Information for internal analysis purposes. Usage Information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when Usage Information is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site or services, or we are legally obligated to retain Usage Information for longer periods.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Marketing Preferences. You can opt out from receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us, or contacting us as set forth under “How to contact us” above. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes like confirming or following up on an order or service request, asking you to review a product or service you have ordered, or notifying you of product recalls. If you later opt back into getting marketing communications from us, we will remove your information from our opt-out databases.
Personalized Advertising. If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, or through disabling ad cookies through your browser settings. You may also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from Amazon, Facebook and Google. You will continue to see ads on each platform, but they will not be personalized as a result of your actions on our website. Please visit the links below if you wish to opt out or update your preferences:
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/adprefs
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences
- Google AdWords: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en
As noted above in “The Information We Collect About You,” you can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser or device. However, if you choose to disable cookies, your experience with our Site may be impaired and some features may not work as they were intended.
You can choose to limit the data that third party services (e.g., social media platforms) share with us using the options provided to you by the applicable third party service (for example, the options provided by a third party social media platform when you connect your social media account with our Site). You can also disconnect your use of our Site from the third-party service at any time using the options provided to you by the applicable third-party service. Please note, however, that if you disconnect from the third-party service, that will not delete the data we may have previously collected while you were connected.
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to Personal Information that we have collected and used under certain circumstances, which may include the following:*
- The right to request the following information regarding our use of your Personal Information:
- The categories of your Personal Information that we have collected
- The purposes for which we have collected or used such Personal Information
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you
- The categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed your Personal Information
- If we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained
- If we have sold your personal information, a list identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased
- The right to receive a copy of your Personal Information.
- The right to request us to erase your Personal Information when we no longer need such data in connection with our Site (subject to certain exceptions that may apply under applicable law).
- The right to opt out of sales of your Personal Information. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
* If you are a resident of a jurisdiction where one or more of these rights are granted to you under applicable law, and you wish to exercise any such rights listed above, please contact us by either:
(Please note that if you are exercising the right to opt out, you may also submit your request through the following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. Please understand that we are required to verify your request and may require you to provide some information to enable us to carry out such verification. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
TRANSFER OF DATA; SPECIAL NOTICE TO NON-U.S. USERS
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information as this term is defined under applicable data protection and privacy laws (for example, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
POLICY ON CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
Our Site is not created for anyone under the age of 13 (“Children” or “Child”). By using this Site, you represent that you are at least 13 years old. If you do not meet this age requirement, then you must not access or use our Site.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 14, and we do not target the Site to children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us though one of the methods listed under “How to Contact Us”, above. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Children without verification of parental consent, we take reasonable steps to remove that information from our servers.
For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), which applies to websites that direct their services to children under the age of thirteen (13), please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION