Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Did you know classic fudge brownies taste even better when baked in cast iron? It's true. Top them with homemade whipped cream for an instant, crowd-pleasing dessert.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time50 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ⅓ cup plus ½ cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped and divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 1 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped (or chips)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a double boiler, melt ⅓ cup dark chocolate and butter for 10 minutes.*
- Stir 1-½ cups sugar, flour, eggs, and 1 teaspoon salt in a separate bowl, then mix in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Fold in remaining ½ cup dark chocolate and semisweet chocolate. Pour the batter into a greased cast iron skillet and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While the brownies bake, make the whipped cream: whisk heavy cream, remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, and remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt to medium peak consistency.
- Allow the brownies to fully cool and cut into squares. Serve with whipped cream.