Grilled Leeks with Parmesan and Pine Nut Vinaigrette
Pick up some leeks on your next run to the grocery store or farmers market, and add this simple and healthy side to your grilling menu. These leeks are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and smokey to pair with chicken, pork, or fish.
Prep Time30 minutes
Cook Time5 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 8 large leeks, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for garnish)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a food processor until well blended (about 1 minute).
- With the food processor running, pour the olive oil in a steady stream until the vinaigrette reaches desired consistency.
- Place in a sealable jar and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Remove the top, dark green portion of the leek. Cut the leek in half lengthwise through the root. Submerge in a large bowl with cold water while you trim the rest of the leeks. Allow the leeks to soak for 5 minutes. Remove the leeks from the water, trim off the root, and run under cold water, separating the layers gently to remove any dirt or sand. Place leeks cut-side down on a plate lined with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Fill a Chimney Starter with charcoal. Light the coals at the base of the starter and allow to burn until the coals have partially greyed over, 10-15 minutes.
- Add coals to the base of the Kickoff Grill, spreading them evenly with charcoal tongs.
- Place the domed grill grate over the top of the base and adjust the draft to medium. Heat for 5 minutes.
- While the coals are heating, brush the leeks with olive oil and season with salt.
- Oil the grill grate and place the leeks cut side down, top with Round Grill Press and grill for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drizzle vinaigrette and garnish with remaining pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Cleaning leeks thoroughly will remove any dirt or sand left around from the farm.