Prep Time25 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 8 large portobello mushroom caps
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons (plus 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 8 mozzarella, slices
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- garlic aioli
- Gently wash mushrooms with a damp cloth and paper towel, remove stems and discard.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, and cayenne pepper in a sealable plastic bag. Add mushroom caps and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Fill a Chimney Starter with charcoal. Light the coals at the base of the starter and allow to burn until the coals have partially greyed over, 10-15 minutes.
- Add coals to the base of the Kickoff Grill, spreading the coals evenly with charcoal tongs.
- Place the domed grill grate over the top of the base and adjust the draft to medium. Heat for 5 minutes.
- While the coals are heating, combine aioli ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove the mushroom caps from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture, season with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill grate and grill the mushroom caps for 4 minutes per side. Add mozzarella for the last 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the grill. Brush the buns with remaining olive oil and grill for 1 minute.
- Assemble the burgers. Bun, aioli, spinach, mushroom x 2, spinach, tomato, aioli, bun.