Persian Crispy Rice
Meet your next must-make side dish: Persian Crispy Rice. This easy-to-make recipe slides right off your skillet and adds a delightful golden crunch to your meal.
Prep Time25 minutes
Cook Time1 hour
Cook it With Our
- 2 cups yellow rice, cooked (Mahatma)
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Suggested toppings: soft-boiled egg, avocado, pickled red onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make rice according to packaging instructions. Rinse cooked rice well with water.
- Mix yogurt, eggs, salt, cumin, and turmeric together. Combine yogurt mixture with rice and mix well.
- Brush oil into 10.25 Inch Skillet. Pour rice mixture into skillet, press with the back of a spoon or measuring cup. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges and turn onto plate. Cut into wedges and serve.