Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
This easy-to-make recipe combines a delectable duo of flavors found in two of our favorite desserts: moist and chewy dark chocolate chip cookies and spice-infused pumpkin pie. A layer of powdered-sugar icing ties it all together with a satisfying extra note of sweetness. (When making cookies, a 2-tablespoon portion scoop is a baker’s best friend. It ensures uniformly sized cookies, while keeping your hands out of the batter.)
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup AP flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup large dark chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ¾ teaspoon light corn syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine flour, baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pumpkin spice.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter well. Add sugar and brown sugar, and continue to beat until fluffy. Add egg, and beat until combined. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin puree, and stir until combined.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture until smooth.
- Fold half the chocolate chips into the batter. Save remaining chocolate chips for toppings.
- Spray baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, portion 12 cookies out onto baking pan. Be sure to leave at least 1 inch between each cookie.
- Using the remaining chocolate chips, stud each cookie with 4 or 5 chips. (It’s alright if they seem close together, as they’ll spread out while cookies bake.)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges begin to darken and a toothpick comes out cleanly.
- While cookies are baking, stir powdered sugar, milk, corn syrup, and 1/8 teaspoon salt together in a medium bowl. Add milk, as necessary, to thin the icing.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag or resealable plastic bag, and set aside.
- Remove cookies from oven, and allow to cool on baking pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack, and allow to cool completely. Pipe icing onto cookies, as desired, and serve with a glass of milk.