Roasted Zucchini and Scallion Galette
Move over, pizza night. We're here to introduce galette night. Once you taste this flaky pie crust topped with the savory toppings of zucchini, mozzarella, and scallions, you'll want to add this delightful meal to your regular rotation.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 homemade pie crust
- 3-4 medium zucchini, sliced to ¼-inch thickness
- 4 scallions, ends trimmed
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (plus 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Season zucchini and scallions with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Line a Cast Iron Baking Pan with parchment paper. Roast the zucchini and scallions, 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop scallions.
- Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and roll the dough until it is about ⅛-inch thick (14 inches in diameter). Roll pie dough into a 12 Inch Skillet (the edges should hang over quite a bit). Brush the bottom of the pie dough with olive oil and sprinkle with cheese and chopped scallions.
- Start in the center and place the zucchini slices in a slightly overlapping circular pattern. Fold the edges over to form the crust.
- Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.