Sausage Stuffed Pancake Sticks
Round out your breakfast with the addition of these stuffed pancakes. When you make them in the Cornstick Pan, they are perfect for dipping. Some claim maple syrup is best while others prefer to dunk them in a savory sauce like ketchup or mustard. We'll let you decide. Pair with eggs for a full breakfast that will satisfy eaters of all ages.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 12 sausage links, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place two Lodge Cornstick Pans in the oven while oven is preheating.
- Cook sausage links according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, egg, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Carefully remove pans from the oven and divide the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter among the 12 cornstick wells.
- Next, place 2 tablespoons of pancake batter into each well and then place one sausage link in the batter. Pour another 2 tablespoons over each sausage link.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a pancake stick comes out clean.