Smoked Skillet Queso
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
- 2 pounds Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 sliced jalapeño, garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, garnish
- 2 cups hardwood chips for smoker skillet
- Fill your smoker skillet with wood chips and place it toward the back of the grill on one side.
- Turn your grill on over high heat and close the lid, 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium on the side of the grill furthest from the smoker skillet. Set the Double Dutch lid on the cooler side and preheat with the grill lid closed for 5 minutes.
- Leaving the lid closed as much as possible, add breakfast sausage to the lid and brown, breaking into smaller pieces, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the sausage has browned, add garlic and chipotle pepper, about 1 minute.
- Add cheese in batches, allowing it to melt before adding more, stirring intermittently.
- The cheese should be bubbling just a little.
- Once all the cheese has melted, lower the heat on the cooler side to low.
- Close the lid and smoke for 10 minutes.
- Stir the cheese and recover the grill for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sliced jalapeños and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips inside the Double Dutch base.