Spiced Carrot Cake
Lots of walnuts, lightly spiced with cinnamon and glazed with the dreamiest cream cheese frosting...there’s nothing quite like old-fashioned carrot cake!
Prep Time25 minutes
Cook Time1 hour
Cook it With Our
- 1 tablespoon butter or Baker's Joy spray
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts
- 3 cups finely grated carrots (about a pound)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease Fluted Cake Pan with 1 tablespoon butter or Baker’s Joy.
- Beat oil and eggs on high speed for 1 minute. Add sugar ½ cup at a time, followed by vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients in two batches and mix on low speed until fully incorporated. Fold in carrots and nuts. Spoon batter into cake pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before turning out, then cool at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make frosting. Beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the sugar gradually, beating well. Add milk, a little at a time, until the frosting reaches preferred consistency.