Steaks with Blue Cheese Butter
The secret to grilling restaurant quality steaks at home begins with a cast iron skillet! Start on the stovetop with a quick sear, finish them in the oven, then let them rest before serving.
Prep Time5-10 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 2 strip steaks, 1 inch think
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cream the butter in small bowl, then add the blue cheese, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper, and cream again until smooth. Using a 12-inch piece of plastic wrap, spoon out the butter mixture and roll it up like a log, twisting the ends. Freeze the butter until firm*.
- Bring the steaks to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Gradually heat a cast iron skillet, then carefully brush the pan with oil.
- Season the steaks to taste on both sides with salt and pepper. Carefully place the steaks on the hot skillet and sear for 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and let finish cooking for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the steaks rest for 5 minutes. Serve with a pat of blue cheese butter on each steak.
*Pro Tip: Butter mixture will typically keep in the freezer up to one month.