What Size Pan is Best for Your Turkey?
These recommendations are based on average turkey sizes, though individual turkey sizes will vary from bird to bird. If you’re cooking in a camp Dutch oven, these measurements are accurate when not using a lid. To be safe, we always recommend measuring your turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!
Recommended Pans for Your Turkey
Less than 10-pound turkey:
- 12 Inch / 6 Quart Cast Iron Camp Dutch Oven
- 12 Inch / 8 Quart Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven
- 7 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 7.5 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 7 Quart Oval Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 7 or 9 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven With Bail Handle
- 13.25 Inch Cast Iron Skillet
Less than 15-pound turkey:
- Blacklock *10* 14.5 Inch Skillet
- 15 Inch Carbon Steel Dual Handle Pan
- 15 Inch Cast Iron Skillet
- 18 x 10 Inch Carbon Steel Griddle
- 14 Inch / 10 Quart Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven
- 14 Inch Cast Iron Wok
Less than 20-pound turkey:
You might also want:
How to Cook a Turkey in a Wok
A cast iron wok is the perfect roasting vessel for a Thanksgiving turkey.
Simple Roast Turkey in a Dutch Oven
Roasting an entire turkey on Thanksgiving can seem daunting, but with the right tools it's a job anyone can do.
4 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes
It's easy to get stuck making the same Thanksgiving recipes year after year.
Easy Pumpkin Pie
Skip the pumpkin spice and let this flavorful, two-ingredient crust do all the work.