American Flag Cake
Make this American Flag Cake for your next big gathering. It's light, delicious, colorful, and it easily feeds a crowd.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time40-45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup melted butter
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup egg, beaten
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 1 pound strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray your Lodge Fish Pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
2. Combine butter and sour cream in a mixing bowl on medium until well blended. Add sugar and vanilla and continue to mix for 2 minutes. Add eggs a little at a time and mix for two more minutes.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add dry mixture and buttermilk alternatively to the batter. Pour batter into the Fish Pan and shake the pan to level the batter.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool.
1. Beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy. Add sugar gradually and beat well.
2. Add milk, a little at a time, until the frosting reaches preferred consistency.
1. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Spread frosting evenly over the top of the cake.
2. Slice strawberries to ¼-inch slices.
3. Place blueberries in a rectangle covering the top left corner of the cake. Overlap sliced strawberries to make stripes. Slice cake and enjoy!