Basic Dutch Baby
Sometimes known as a German pancake or Bismark, the Dutch Baby is a quick dish that’s as fun to watch puff up in the oven as it is to eat.
Treat it like a pancake by adding maple syrup and fruit, or make it savory with mushrooms and cheese. The possibilities are endless!
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time12-14 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Toppings of your choice
- Place a 9 Inch Skillet in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the milk in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, then stir in the milk.
- Slowly whisk in the flour and salt until smooth.
- Carefully remove the skillet and add the butter to coat the inside.
- Add batter to the skillet and place it back in the oven. Bake 12-14 minutes, or until browned and puffy.
- Serve plain or add toppings as desired.