Blueberry Ricotta Skillet Cake
The recipe for this fluffy, berry-filled cake was adapted from our friends at Bon Appétit. For a fun twist, switch out the blueberries for your favorite seasonal fruit.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time50-60 minutes
Cook it With Our
- nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups ricotta
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10.25 Inch Dual Handle Pan with cooking spray. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, ricotta, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended. Then fold in butter, followed by lemon zest and ¾ cup blueberries, taking care not to crush berries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining ¼ cup blueberries over top.
- Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before turning out.
Pro Tip: Cake can be made 2 days ahead of time. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.