What's the best thing about cherry season? All the cherry treats. This simple (and scrumptious) clafoutis recipe enfolds cherries with a sweet batter. Top it with powdered sugar for a delightful dessert.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- 3 cups pitted cherries, fresh (if frozen: thaw, drain, and dry with paper towels)
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, half-and-half, and eggs in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Heat the Chef Collection 12 Inch Everyday Pan over medium heat, about 2-3 minutes. Melt butter in pan and swirl to coat.
- Spread cherries evenly in the pan. Slowly pour batter into the skillet. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing, 10 minutes. Garnish with powdered sugar.