Smoked Cream Cheese With Hot Honey Drizzle
Looking for a palate-pleasing appetizer your crowd will devour? (And the great thing is, your guests will never guess how little effort it took to make this beautiful dish!) Sprinkle with your favorite rub or seasoning blend to add your own special twist, and serve with ice-cold beer to nicely complement the spicy flavors.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time2 hours
Cook it With Our
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, cold
- 2 tablespoons The Gospel All-Purpose Rub, from Meat Church BBQ (or your favorite rub)
- 1 tablespoon spicy honey
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- ¼ tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Bagel crisps or crackers
- Preheat Traeger® Wood Pellet Grill or smoker to 225° F.
- Sprinkle cream cheese with seasoning rub on all sides.
- Using a sharp knife, slice cheese diagonally (about ¼-inch deep) across top of cheese. Repeat from other side, creating a crosshatch or diamond pattern.
- Place spiced rubbed cream cheese in skillet, and set skillet inside wood pellet grill or smoker.
- Smoke for 2 hours.
- Remove skillet, and drizzle cream cheese with honey. Garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle bagel crisps or crackers around cream cheese and serve.
Drink Pairing: Cold beer.
Recipe Notes: Nobody has to know how little effort it took to make this beautiful dish. Sprinkle with your favorite rub or seasoning blend to give it your own special twist. The skillet will keep the cream cheese warm and looks great on your table. If it makes it that far.