National Cornbread Festival
2017 National Cornbread Cook-off Finalists
Each year we ask the nation's best home cooks to submit recipes for the National Cornbread Cook-off. This year's 2017 finalists have been selected and are making final preparations to complete at the 21st Annual National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, Tennessee.
The 2017 finalists are as follows:
- Robin Kessler, Sarasota, FL; Butternut and Sage Sausage Skillet Tart with Mushrooms and Smoked Gouda
- Pamela Gelsomini, Wrentham, MA; Cornbread Crusted Catfish Jambalaya
- Ashlyn Morgan, Englewood, TN; Corbread Cuban Sandwiches with Mojo Sauce
- Devon Delaney, Westport, CT: Seared Steakhouse Cornbread Crepes with Horseradish Caper Sauce
- Felice Bogus, Raleigh, NC; Smokey Chicken Tinga Street Gorditas
- Hidemi Walsh, Centreville, VA; Chili Shrimp and Coconut Cornbread
- Sherry Kozlowski, Morgantown, WV; Seafood Pot Pie
- Shauna Havey, Roy, UT; Steak & Eggs Cornbread Dutch Baby
- Mary Edwards, Long Beach, CA; Cajun Spoon Bread
- Michele Kusma, Columbus, OH; Shakshuka-Topped Cornbread Skillet
Each year during the last full weekend in April our hometown of South Pittsburg, Tennessee lights up to celebrate a staple in the Southern kitchen: cornbread. As a part of the National Cornbread Festival, Lodge sponsors the National Cornbread Cook-Off, a search for the nation's best main dish cornbread recipe.
The 2017 National Cornbread Cook-Off Champion will receive a $5,000 cash prize and a 30-inch stainless steel gas range (a $3,250 value) from FiveStar Professional Cooking Equipment, as well as special gifts from Martha White and Lodge Cast Iron.
The second place winner will receive $1500 and third place will receive $1000. The remaining two finalists walk away with $150. All finalists receive up to $500 travel reimbursement and a gift basket courtesy of Martha White and Lodge Cast Iron.
Want to know what's cooking at Lodge Cast Iron? Stay tuned for the latest company updates, right at your fingertips.