Andouille Po’Boy Sandwiches With Jack Daniel’s Remoulade
Spicy, fatty sausage gets even more delicious when served sizzling hot off of a cast iron grill. To take this sandwich to the next level, we spike the remoulade with some Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey which provides a balance of even more smoke and spice to offset some of the richness of the sausage. Dress it your way with some cool, crunchy toppings at your next tailgate.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced lengthwise sandwich style
- 2 links smoked andouille sausage, cut in half lengthwise
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- banana pepper rings
- 1 cup Dukes mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Fill a chimney starter with charcoal. Light the coals at the base of the starter and allow to burn until the coals have partially greyed over, 10-15 minutes.
- Add coals to the base of the Kickoff Grill, spreading the coals evenly with charcoal tongs.
- Place the domed grill grate over the top of the base and adjust the draft to medium. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine all remoulade ingredients until smooth and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Grill the sausages, cut side down for 4-5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for 3 additional minutes, or until nicely charred.
- Add the bread cut side down until toasted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare sandwiches by spreading a generous layer of remoulade over the toasted sides of the bread. Layer with slices of sausage and dress with lettuce, tomato, and banana peppers.