Buffalo Chicken Soup
This Easy Creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup is a quick and healthy recipe that will solve your cravings for hot wings! This soup is loaded with buffalo hot sauce and you can top it with blue cheese or ranch if you wish!
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth, 1 cup to cook the chicken breasts, 2 cups for the soup
- 1 ½ pounds skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- chicken seasoning or chicken rub to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce, or to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, or blue cheese crumbles
- Add the chicken breasts, broth, chicken seasoning, salt and pepper to taste to the Dutch oven on medium-low heat.
- Cover the Dutch oven and cook for 20-30 minutes until the chicken has cooked through. You can test doneness using a meat thermometer. Ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- When cooked, remove the chicken from the Dutch oven and place on a flat surface or cutting board. Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Reserve the remaining broth from the Dutch oven and set it aside.
- Heat the Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and onions. Cook until the onions are fragrant and translucent.
- Add in the garlic and stir.
- Add in the reserved chicken broth, the 2 cups of additional broth, shredded chicken, and buffalo sauce to the pot. Stir and then lower the heat to medium and cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Open the pot and add the cream cheese and Greek yogurt (or sour cream). Allow the cream cheese to melt and stir. Taste repeatedly and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cool before serving.