Cheesy Herb Cornsticks
Raise your hand if you love to dunk cornbread! We do too. These Cheesy Herb Cornsticks have so much flavor, we often grab one for dunking and an extra one just for eating. They pair extremely well with your favorite cozy soups and chilis, like our Southern Greens Soup. You can even crumble it in the soup to get even more cheesy, herb flavor with each bite.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup self-rising yellow cornmeal
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, grated finely
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. While oven is preheating, brush each of the cornstick wells with ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil, making sure to coat the entire cavity, and then place in the oven to preheat.
- Whisk together cornmeal, milk, egg, salt, and sour cream. Fold in the shredded cheese, dried thyme, and dried sage.
- Carefully remove preheated pans from the oven and fill each cornstick well ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and edges are crispy.