Cream Cheese Custard Pie With Fruit Topping
The a simple custard recipe for this pie makes it a great dessert to cap off any meal. Its light creaminess also perfectly complements a myriad of flavors, so we encourage you to try different fruit toppings, a chocolate drizzle, a homemade caramel sauce on top, or even just eat it as a simple custard pie.
Prep Time1.5 hours
Cook Time50 minutes, plus 1 hour for cooling and 1 hour for setting
Cook it With Our
- 16 ounces full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Assorted fruits, such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi
- Make Basic Pie Dough recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and have an ungreased 9 Inch Pie Pan ready.
- Use a large bowl and stand mixer to beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until thoroughly blended and smooth, 3- 5 minutes, scraping down the sides periodically. Add the eggs 1 at a time and beat until well blended.
- Pour the filling into the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake until the custard is just set, 45-50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for about 1 hour.
- Decorate with fruit and allow to chill for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours before serving.