Green Chile Steak
We love our steaks medium-rare, so we recommend cooking 8-10 minutes total (split between sides). If you love a rare steak, knock off a couple minutes per side. Preheating your grill pan before cooking creates a more even cooking surface and will prevent meat from sticking to the pan.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 4 cloves garlic, peels on
- 1 poblano chili, stem removed
- 1 serrano chili, stem removed
- 1 cup cilantro, packed
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 grass-fed New York strip steaks
- On a preheated grill pan, grill the garlic, poblano, and serrano until soft, 10 minutes, then slightly cool. Peel the skin from the garlic, poblano, and serrano and deseed the chilies.
- In a high speed blender, add the garlic, chilies, cilantro, water, lemon juice, zest and onion powder. Blend the sauce on high and in a steady stream, add the oil. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside for serving.
- Let the steaks come to room temperature, 10-15 minutes. On the same grill pan, grill the steaks to a preferred doneness. Rest the steaks off the grill, 5 minutes, and slice. Serve the grilled steak with the sauce.