Grilled Sea Bass Kebabs with Skordalia and Grilled Feta
Fire up your grill and bring fresh Mediterranean flavors to your backyard with this sea bass kebab recipe. Serve with a smear of skordalia, a Greek garlic sauce traditionally made with potatoes and garlic, to provide a creamy contrast to the kebab’s bright, acidic flavors.
Prep Time2 hours
Cook Time30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 pound sea bass, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ pound red potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 12 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch rounds
- red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 12 inch skewers
- 6 ounce feta brick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- lemon wedges
- In a small saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water. Bring to a boil and add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes and reserve ¼ cup of the water.
- In a food processor, add garlic and remaining salt. Pulse for 1 minute. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, cooked potatoes, and turn on the food processor. Slowly add the olive oil until the mixture is smooth. Add reserved water to thin as needed.
- Combine garlic, lemon juice, herbs, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper in a Ziploc bag or shallow dish. Toss the sea bass in marinade and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- While the fish is marinating, prepare the Skordalia sauce.
- Preheat the grill over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the grill topper and heat for 5 minutes.
- While the grill is heating, prepare the skewers.
- Remove fish from the marinade to a paper towel lined plate. Discard marinade.
- Add red onion, fish, tomato, and zucchini to the skewers and sprinkle with salt.
- Oil the grill topper and add the kebabs for 3-4 minutes per side, until the fish is just cooked through and the veggies are slightly charred. Move to a platter.
- While the fish is cooking, add olive oil and feta to a 6.5-inch skillet and sprinkle with oregano and red pepper flakes. Place the skillet inside the grill and close the lid. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and squeeze lemon.
- Serve kebabs over a smear of Skordalia sauce and a side of grilled feta.
A Note on Seafood Sustainability:
Lodge is an active supporter and sponsor of the Tennessee Aquarium’s Serve and Protect program. This initiative supports the practice of sustainably caught seafood and works to continue the conversation and raise awareness of sustainable fishing practices. We encourage anyone buying seafood to check that it has been sustainably sourced. If you are looking for an alternative to sea bass to use in this recipe, we recommend sablefish.