Henry Lodge's Favorite Cornbread
This cornbread recipe has been in the Lodge family for decades and is often made for family meals by former CEO Henry Lodge's wife. While there's no sugar in it to appease those who are in the "no sugar cornbread" camp, the addition of creamed corn brings a hint of sweetness to the savory bread. Plus, the corn and sour cream keep the cornbread moist and prevent it from drying out, making it a cornbread that's just as good leftover as it is fresh.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time35 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 cup self-risinig cornmeal
- 1 8-ounce can, creamed corn
- ½ cup canola oil, separated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While oven is preheating, pour ¼ cup of oil into a 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Skillet and place in oven to preheat.
- Mix all ingredients together. Using handle holders, remove skillet from the oven (it will be very hot!), pour the hot oil into the cornmeal mixture, and stir together.
- Pour cornmeal mix into hot skillet and bake for 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.