One-Pan Cacio e Pepe Chicken and Rice
If you’re a fan of delicious and easy one-pan meals, this is for you. Effortlessly sear the chicken, sauté onions and bake it off in the oven all in one skillet.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time50 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup grated pecorino, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and salt and pepper both sides. Over medium high, add olive oil to a 12” Lodge Blacklock skillet. Brown chicken thighs on both sides starting with skin side down--2-3 mins each side, remove and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, sauté onion, garlic and thyme, until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add rice and combine until coated, 1-2 minutes. Add wine and reduce— approximately 1-2 mins, add stock, cheese and pepper and stir to combine. Add back chicken, skin side up, into pan. Finish with some black pepper and kosher salt to taste.
- Cover with tin foil and place in oven for 35 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook for 7-10 minutes. Let chicken rest 5-10 mins, fluff rice with fork. Garnish with parsley and more pecorino and serve immediately.