One-Pan Steak Caprese with Fresh Basil and Blistered Heirloom Tomatoes
Our favorite summer flavors, prepared in one pan and ready in 30 minutes. Add perfectly seared strips of steak to a classic caprese salad for a quick and delicious meal.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time20-25 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 2 beef fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- cracked pepper, for garnish
- balsamic glaze, for garnish
- Remove steaks from the fridge and pat with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat a 10.25-inch skillet over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes.
- Season steaks on all sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set your oven rack to the highest level and set the broiler to high.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and sear the steaks for 4 minutes per side. Depending on the thickness of your filet, you may need to sear the sides as well.
- Remove steaks and set aside to rest.
- Add tomatoes and cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes.Stir the tomatoes and cook for 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat.
- Slice filets into ½ inch strips.
- Layer the strips with mozzarella slices on top of the tomatoes and set the skillet in the oven.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or more, depending on desired doneness.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with salt and cracked pepper.
- Top with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.