Pan-Seared Scallops with Sesame Miso Glaze
No need to go to a seafood restaurant if you’re in the mood for mildly sweet scallops. They’re surprisingly simple to make at home. And with our Lodge Reversible Grill/Griddle, it’s a snap to achieve that perfect, golden-brown pan sear. A savory sesame miso glaze adds a tangy depth of flavor that further enhances the scallops.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 24 large sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 toothpicks
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Combine miso paste, rice wine vinegar, tamari sauce, honey, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. (This removes excess moisture, which allows the scallops to sear, not steam.) Season all sides with salt, and skewer each scallop with a toothpick.
- Heat Reversible Grill/Griddle over medium-high heat, 4-5 minutes. Sear scallops 2-3 minutes without disturbing. Use a fish spatula to carefully flip scallops. Brush liberally with miso mixture, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove scallops from griddle.
- Sprinkle with chives and sesame seeds, and serve.