Pulled Pork Barbecue Omelet
This recipe comes to us from the Loveless Cafe in Nashville, Tennessee. It’s a staple on the menu and is beloved for the unique way it pairs barbecue with breakfast. Try this omelet the next time you have leftover barbecue for a delicious and filling start to your day. Top with your favorite barbecue sauce for an extra zing of flavor.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 ounce sautéed onions
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup pulled pork barbecue
- Beat eggs until no whites remain.
- Gradually heat the skillet over medium heat, then melt the butter. Pour in the eggs and tilt the skillet so the eggs fully cover the entire cooking surface. As the eggs start to set, use a rubber spatula to drag the cooked edges into the center of the skillet. Tilt the skillet to let the uncooked egg fall to the edge of the pan.
- Once the bottom is set but the top is still a little wet, sprinkle the cheese, sautéed onions, and pulled pork barbecue over half of the omelet.
- Fold the other side of the eggs over the toppings, then slide the omelet onto a plate.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce and enjoy!