Roast Chicken With Spring Vegetables
Use skin-on chicken breasts in this dish for depth and flavor. Pro-tip: Tilt your Lodge pan away from you and spoon the drippings back onto the chicken to add moisture as it cooks.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 skin-on chicken breasts, boneless
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes, quartered
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke pickling liquid
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces on a bias
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped, plus a little for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Baguette for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a Chef Collection 12 Inch Cast Iron Everyday Pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken — skin-side down first — until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Transfer the chicken onto another plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the mushrooms and sear until golden brown, 5 minutes. Add artichokes, pickling liquid, water, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Cook the mixture just until it’s warmed through (about 3 minutes) and add chicken back to the pan. Transfer to oven and cook until the chicken reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, then transfer the pieces to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, mix in the asparagus and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Cook on the stove top until the asparagus is tender, 5 minutes. Slice the chicken on a bias and lay on top of the vegetable mixture. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.