Shrimp & Potatoes
The epitome of a one-pot meal, this dish gives you everything you need to leave the table full and satisfied. The bell pepper sauce is simple to make and packs a lot of great flavor into the shrimp and potatoes.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 medium red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 4 lime zest strips, 2-inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pound mixed marble potatoes, halved
- 14 ounces wild shrimp, peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- 1 teaspoon lime zest for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a cast iron skillet. Add tomato paste and cook down until caramelized, 5-6 minutes. Add peppers, zest strips, and garlic and sweat until peppers are soft, 10-12 minutes. Add onion powder and cayenne and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender. While the motor is running, add remaining oil and lime juice.
- Toss potatoes with ½ of the red pepper sauce in a separate bowl and transfer to a skillet. Roast in the oven until potatoes are crispy, 20-25 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining sauce. Once the potatoes are done, push the potatoes to one side of the pan and lay the shrimp evenly on the other side.
- Change the oven setting to broil on high. Add the pan back in the oven and cook until the shrimp is cooked through, 4-5 minutes*.
- Garnish with lime zest and serve.