Skirt Steak Chilaquiles
Pair this simple Skirt Steak, grilled on the Cook-it-All, with eggs and some fresh, homemade tortilla chips for an all-in-one breakfast that's hard to beat.
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 Skirt steak, sliced into segments
- 2 tablespoons Hatch Chile Rub
- 8-10 tortillas, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups avocado oil
- 8 fresh eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 tomatillos
- 1 white onion
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 2 jalapeÃ±os
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 limes, squeezed
- Salt to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onions, sliced
- Cotija cheese, grated to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Limes for garnish
- Gradually preheat the Cook-It-All over a medium-high fire. Add avocado oil. Place tomatillos, white onions, green onions, and jalapeños on the coals and cook until charred. Gather the cooked veggies, clean off the ash, discard stems/skin, and add to food processor along with cilantro, limes, and salt to make salsa. Mix salsa until liquified.
- Add tortillas to the preheated wok and cook until crispy, 5-7 minutes. At the same time, preheat the grill side of the Cook-It-All. Season Skirt steaks with salt, pepper, and my Hatch Chile Rub, and then grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Pull the steaks and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Once the chips are done, pull them out of the oil and let them rest on some paper towels for 5 minutes. Discard all oil left in the wok, add chips back to the wok, and add salsa on top. Stir and let simmer over the fire, 5-6 minutes.
- While chips and salsa are simmering, flip the Cook-It-All grill to the griddle and add oil and eggs. Cook to your liking!
- Pull everything off the fire. In a bowl, add the chips with salsa, sliced skirt steak, fresh red onions, eggs, avocado, cotija cheese, cilantro, and lime juice. Enjoy!