Cast Iron Trout with Lemon Butter
Simple and delicious, you can have this trout on and off the pan in under 30 minutes. The lemon butter sauce adds an acidity and nutiness that enhances the trout’s natural flavors and delicate texture. We like to serve it with a side of grilled veggies.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 rainbow trout filet, cut in half
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, garnish
- Sliced lemon wedges, garnish
- Season both sides of the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a resealable bag, toss the filets with flour.
- Heat a 10.25-inch pan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, remove the fillets from the flour and shake off excess.
- Place the filets skin side down for 2-4 minutes per side.
- Remove filets and tent with foil.
- Add butter and swirl till melted.
- Heat until the butter stops foaming.
- Add sliced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Spoon butter sauce over trout, garnish with parsley and sliced lemon.