Sweet Potato Casserole With Spicy Bourbon Pecans
Sweet potato casserole, the holiday staple, often calls for a marshmallow topping or candied nuts. We like ours sprinkled with Spicy Bourbon Pecans. Try it and let us know what you think!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 6 cups mashed sweet potatoes, cooked (about 6 sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, for oiling the pan
- Spicy Bourbon Pecans, ½ the recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes with the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Grease the pan with butter and spread the sweet potato mixture evenly.
- Top with spicy bourbon pecans and bake for 25–30 minutes.
- Let the casserole cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Cook the sweet potatoes however you like.
- In the oven: Pierce with a fork, bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour.
- On the stovetop: Peal the skin, cut into 1-inch cubes, bring to a boil covered in water, lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes
- In the microwave: Pierce with a fork, microwave for 5 minutes (this may take a several batches).