Spicy Bourbon Pecans
The spices and bourbon in these pecans marry together to make a great snack or topping for a Sweet Potato Casserole—or even sprinked on a dessert, like brownies.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and paprika in a small bowl.
- Beat egg white with water, vanilla, and bourbon until foamy.
- Toss pecans in the egg white mixture and coat well. Sprinkle in the sugar mixture and stir to coat.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on the baking pan and spread the nuts evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Allow the pecans to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Use as a topping on the Sweet Potato Casserole.