Replace burgers with rich and satisfying cheesesteaks at your next backyard get-together. We recommend prepping your ingredients ahead of time so you can work quickly over your Sportsman's Pro Grill. Serve with your favorite chips and an American lager
Prep Time75 minutes
Cook Time35-40 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1½ pound skirt steak
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 4 hoagie buns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl or resealable bag, add skirt steak and Worcestershire sauce. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Light charcoal in a chimney starter and heat until the edges are gray, about 10 minutes.
- Add charcoal to grill, place cooking grate on top, and preheat for 5-7 minutes with the draft open halfway.
- While the grill grate is preheating, add melting pot with 1 tablespoon of butter and garlic. Once melted, add milk and Velveeta cheese. Stir frequently until melted and remove from heat.
- Soften remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, then cut and butter buns.
- Drizzle oil over peppers and onions.
- Remove steak from marinade and dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Oil the grate and grill the steak 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Place onions and peppers on the grill and cook 3-5 minutes per side.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and season with a pinch of salt.
- Place two of the buttered buns on the grill until nicely browned, about 1-2 minutes. Flip, top with sliced steak, peppers and onions, drizzle with cheese sauce, and remove from grill. Repeat with remaining buns and steak.