Cheesy Black Bean Quesadillas
These cheesy quesadillas, packed with black beans and lots of flavor, are guaranteed to satisfy and delight. The best part? You can make this four-person meal for less than $25.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1, 8-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup mexican cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 , 10-inch flour tortillas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thinly for garnish
- 1 lime, quartered for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced for garnish
- Sour cream
- Preheat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12 Inch Skillet over medium heat 4-5 minutes. While the skillet preheats, mix together black beans and corn.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet, sauté 1-2 minutes. Add bean and corn mixture and taco seasoning, stir, and cook 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer bean filling to a small bowl. Stir in cilantro and the juice of 1 lime wedge.
- Wipe out pan with paper towels and spray with cooking spray. Lower heat to medium low. Place approximately ¼ cup of the black bean mixture in the center of a tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Repeat until the tortillas are filled with quesadilla mixture.
- Cook two quesadillas at a time, 2-3 minutes per side, until tortilla is crisp and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining 2 quesadillas. Top with sour cream and avocado. Garnish with lime.