Easy Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
This Easy Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta recipe is made with andouille sausage, red and green peppers, and covered in a decadent cream sauce, a little similar to Alfredo. If you enjoy spicy, this seafood dish definitely has the kick!
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 8 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound raw shrimp, deveined, shells removed
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, divided
- 4 ounces andouille sausage, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, chunked
- 1/2 cup parmesan reggiano cheese, shredded
- Follow the instructions on the packaging for how to cook the pasta.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl along with 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun Seasoning.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or pan on medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan.
- When hot, add the shrimp to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it turns bright pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add an additional teaspoon of olive oil to the pan along with the chopped sausage, onions, green peppers, and red peppers.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the onions are translucent and fragrant. Remove the sausage and vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat on the pan to medium. Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Add in the heavy cream, almond milk, cream cheese, the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun or Creole Seasoning, and Parmesan Reggiano Cheese.
- Continue to stir the sauce until all of the cheese has fully melted. The cream cheese may take some time to melt.
- Add the shrimp, sausage, vegetables, and pasta to the pan and stir. Allow the pasta to cook for 4-5 minutes until combined.