Grilled Acorn Squash Salad with Herbed Lemon Vinaigrette
This colorful salad makes a great side dish to serve at your next holiday dinner. Peppery-tasting arugula with a hint of mustard provides the foundation for this flavorful recipe. Named for its acorn-shaped parameters, the yellow interior of the squash is soft in texture when grilled and slightly sweet in taste. Made with lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs, the vinaigrette adds a tangy touch to this satisfying salad.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 acorn squash, seeded and cut into half-moons
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons shaved Parmesan
- Preheat Grill Pan over medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients, and mix until well incorporated.
- Toss squash with ½ the vinaigrette.
- Grill squash for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Place grilled squash in a bowl with vinaigrette, and toss gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss arugula with remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle on pine nuts and Parmesan.
- Top lightly dressed arugula salad with grilled squash, and serve.