Heirloom Tomato Galette
Showcase your fresh tomatoes in this stunning cast iron skillet galette that's just as delicious as it is beautiful.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 pie crust
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, torn, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice tomatoes to ¼-inch and place on a paper towel to draw out moisture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make a basic pie crust. Roll the pie crust dough until it is about ⅛-inch thick and 14 inches in diameter. Place dough into your 12 Inch Skillet (the edges should hang over quite a bit). Brush the bottom of the pie dough with olive oil and sprinkle with ½ cup parmesan cheese and torn basil.
- Starting in the center, place tomato slices in a slightly overlapping circular pattern until galette is filled. Fold the edges over to form the crust.
- Brush the crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the tomatoes are bubbly, about 45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing. Serve hot or cold.