Honey Baked Eggplant
This simple baked side dish will fill your kitchen with the sweetest aroma, and takes just minutes to prepare before you throw it in the oven.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Cook it With Our
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more for greasing
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon za'atar, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ tablespoon cayenne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix everything together coating each piece of eggplant thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased casserole dish, sprinkle with more za’atar, cover with aluminum foil and bake until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve warm out of baking dish.