Mee Goreng Stir Fried Noodles
This is a great recipe to use up what you have in your fridge. Additions to this stir fry could include fresh pineapple, tofu, broccoli, sweet peppers, carrots, asparagus, snow peas, english peas and more!
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Cook it With Our
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sambal or sriracha
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 ramen spice packets
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ pound meat or seafood
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili, thinly sliced
- 2 cups leafy greens, frozen or fresh, mustard greens, spinach, kale, or cabbage
- 2 packs instant ramen noodles
- 1 bunch scallions, cut in ½ inch tubes
- 5 sprigs cilantro, leaves diced, stems chopped
- 1 lime, cut in half
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for sauce and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a hot wok, add oil and brown your meat.
- Add garlic and chilis. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- If you are adding additional ingredients, add them next.
- Add mustard greens. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil.
- Boil ramen noodles to packet specifications. Usually, 4-5 minutes for al dente.
- When noodles have 1 minute left to boil, turn wok back on to high heat and add scallions.
- Remove noodles from water, drain thoroughly, and add too wok. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sauce and stir fry for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cilantro, and a squeeze ½ of lime over top.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.